Courageous Warrior

Once lost in wilderness, i was rescued by my prince, now a conqueror for HIS kingdom

Monday, August 22, 2005

God's wife??

this story has been stucked to my mind..
ever since i heard it preached by Ps Nicole Connor
there was a little boy who went around barefooted
cos his family could not afford a pair of shoes
he was poor, his clothes was filthy, his feet covered with mud and dirt
one day, he came upon this shoe shop
he was staring at the window display at a pair of shoes
he looked at it wistfully....
a lady passed by, talked to him, brought him into the shop
took the shoes which he was admiring,
set him down on the chair,
the little boy was astonished and couldn't believe the act of compassion
the lady went and returned with a pail of water and a piece of cloth
she knelt down and gently wiped his feet clean
she then put on new socks and shoes for the boy and paid the bill
tears started to stream down his cheeks
finally he asked this kind hearted lady
'are you God's wife?'

i asked myself. how can i be a good wife?
i still 'miss the mark' sometimes, rather most of the time!
there are times i felt unworthy and guilty when i give in to desires
but God said. I have chosen you.
nothing. absolutely nothing is able to seperate you from the love of Jesus
i closed my eyes.
i saw myself as a little girl in a white dress, holding my Father's hand
then the scene changed.
now i am a mature adult, dressed in a beautiful white gown with Jesus
smile. a thought came. Jesus will never divorce me.

a reminder for myself.
whenever you feel guilt, you are doubting Jesus's finished work on the cross
and that is an insult to HIM!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home