Courageous Warrior

Once lost in wilderness, i was rescued by my prince, now a conqueror for HIS kingdom

Sunday, September 30, 2007

'grow up'

today's sermon in Church shed more light into 'grow up'
Pastor was preaching on why some christians are leading victorious
life while some are not. why some people gets healing, some don't..

well, it lies in one crucial point. in knowing the full truth of the gospel.
the significance of Jesus's death and His work on the cross
some people are saved but if they have not fully understood the
full truth, they still live in areas of lack. nevertheless, they are still saved.
but may not be able to enjoy the 'now life' in abundance.
knowing the truth sets you free.
and only knowing the full truth, can one truly live freely and victoriously.

For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear,
but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.

some fragments of my memory. for details pls purchase the
CD sermon dated 30.9.07

let me share my experience.
even though i have heard the grace message for a few years..
i still found it difficult to believe that my sins He remember no more.
i continued to have a guilty conscious and dare not boldly approach
God. i felt condemned when i read the bible.
i am not sure how He will react to me. for i know that wrong
doings deserves punishment. furthermore i have heard other
preachers which confused me more. as much as i wanted to believe
the grace message, i struggled and have doubts as they are others
who came opposing it and giving other opinions on losing your
salvation and such. i am hearing mixed messeages. on one hand
fighting to believe the truth and on the other resisting the conflicting
message. there came a point i was burning with the question
'do i have my salvation?' in my mind, if i have 'lost' my salvation,
i would rather give up christianity all together.
following rules and what to do and what not to do is extremely
difficult, if not impossible. then my 'superman' came to my rescue!
HE settled that once and for all. HE said 'how can I be angry with you?
i love you so much. you have your salvation many years ago'
wow that was an out of the world experience.

the truth has liberated me indeed! i felt awkward calling God 'daddy'
once upon a time. but now i feel confident to call HIM Daddy and
firmly established that love bond in my heart.

i once thought that God was angry with me. but lo and behold. NO!
Even the language He used is beautiful. 'how can I be angry with you?'
instead of 'I am not angry'
knowing that God is my father. a loving daddy. and not a disciplinary,
angry God has given me freedom. this is 'grow up'

1 Comments:

  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger J S said…

    Dear Young Conquerer,

    Your friend here misses you and wondered where you disappeared. Do you have an email I can contact you with ? Don't think I see you on MSN. Thank God you opened a comments here, or else I don't know how to get to you.

    My temp email is scmay83@hotmail.com

    Hope to hear from you

    Joyce Soh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home